Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Moving Again!

ok so I know I just posted that we moved to Henderson NV. but things did not work out for us there so we are moving again. We had moved for a job promotion, but when the work load kept getting bigger but not the pay and the promotion farther away... some of the promises that were made to us were starting to be taken back and for some other more complicated reasons Nate decided to resign! I of course was in complete shock when he came home from work and gave us the news but was in complete support of his decision. After applying to many jobs in the Las Vegas, Henderson areas and after many many prayers we have finally made a decision. We are moving to CHINA! yes you read it right and I am serious we are moving to China. Nate has always wanted to start his own business and be able to use his Chinese more. So we are going to China to teach English for 6 months while Nate gets the marketing needed to start his business. We have moved back to St.George to store our stuff for the time being but we will be leaving at latest the first of Feb-July. We are very excited and I of course very nervous but I also think that this will be an amazing opportunity for our family! Wish us luck and because our lives will be focused a lot more on email communication I will I will be posting much more often! :)

18 comments:

Danielle said...

Congrats! That sounds like an awesome adventure! We have a few friends living in China right now if you need any more resources. Let me know!

jaesi said...

sheesh!!
adventure is right!

Emma said...

Wow! How very exciting! So after the 6 months there then will you go?

Crystal said...

WOW!! Good luck with everything!

Rachel said...

Shocker! China? Well, I heard they have a marathon, half-marathon, 10K and 5K on the Great Wall. What part of China will you be moving to? You better start working on your Chinese Ambur!

Christense Clan said...

Wow! What part of China? Andrew has been begging me to move there so he can use his chinese as well. When he hears that you guys are going I am sure he will be bothering me all the more. Let me know how it goes! Good luck! Maybe we will be seeing you guys over there. :)

Tara and David said...

Hey my husbands sister lived in China for 2 years, they loved it! Thay also had 3 kids. good luck to ya! That is amazing.

McKinna said...

Hey Amber! That was so crazy to see you that one day at the park... that sucks that you are moving, but I'm still happy for you guys! It would have been fun to hang out seeing how we were so close to eachother. Glad I found your blog tho- I'll link ya to mine!! Good luck with the moves!

Mik'L said...

Wow! Didn't see that one coming! How exciting! You will have to talk to my mom sometime before you go. She has been living there for a couple months at a time for awhile now starting her dance company over there. She just got home last night after being there for a month. It's SO cheap there! Lots of good shopping! What part of China?

Mary Jane said...

Ambur- Best of luck with moving to china- you guys are so brave- I hope the Mandarin goes well for you. And, just remember Helen Keller said, life is either a daring adventure or nothing! I believe that is true, your marriage will grow, your children will grow, and more importantly- your faith in the Lord and relationship with God will strengthen. I know that for sure.I am excited for you and your family- Good luck and we will be thinking of you:)

Mary Jane

Bundy Family said...

so there have been a few people ask what part? Well it is called Tianjin it is right out side Bejing.Also if things work out the way we hope Nate will be starting his own buisness working out of the house and we will settle in ST. George

Tara and David said...

changed blog address to taradave.blogspot.com

Becky Seymour said...

oh HOLY MOLY!!! That is crazy and cool all at the same time! I can't believe it! My husband will be jealous, he is obsessed with moving to china! good luck, I hte to see you before you go!

minerfam said...

China! Just the thought makes me have a nervous breakdown- You are so much stronger/braver than I am! Good Luck getting ready to go! Let's get together- we miss ya!

Camille said...

o my goodness! That is crazy. That will be such a neat opportunity for you. Good luck with everything.

Bobbi Simkins said...

holy cow! that is shocking news! good luck in china! and i thought moving to cedar was hard :)

ChrissyLee said...

hey! yay for you! china is a fun adventure and 6 months is perfect. more than that it gets kind of...well, i know you'll enjoy it! a little advice...make sure you travel and see as much as you can while you're there. i know...it's very hard with kids...but well worth it! AND make sure you check out the local fabric markets. getting clothes made is the way to go! espesh cause i couldn't fit into any of the shirts there. Sweet! well, good luck with everything!

Abby said...

holy crap! goodluck with china!! kinda sounds fun to have a big adventure like that!