Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Marathon!

Well we did it! Nate and I ran the St.George Marathon on Sat. the 4th, yes bad weather and everything, we did it and we finished. We stayed at the Ence's cabin the night before which was very nice so we didn't have to get up at 3:30am to load the buses. That night it started blowing pretty hard and we were all getting a little nervous and hopeing it would pass by the morning. Well the wind had died down a little but it had started to rain...yup it rained the whole race often with a head wind! Everyone was soaked and freezing! Though not many were able to finish with their desired times we all finished. Nate says he would like to try again to qualify for Boston and yes I think I might try another just to see if I could run in the time I desired with good weather!
It is quite the accomplishment to be able to say I ran a Marathon so am Pretty excited but definately glad it's over. I can't even explain how excited I was to see the finish line especially since people had been yelling "you are almost there" for the last 3 miles :/
As soon as we get some pictures from our families we can post and show you all how it was! :)

10 comments:

Janey said...

That is such a neat accomplishment. Congrats! I would like to do that, but would rather bike the course. Do people do that?

Bobbi Simkins said...

good job ambur! i felt so bad for you guys when i woke up saturday morning and saw what the weather was like. running a marathon is hard enough without the weather being uncooperative.

Rachel said...

Oh man...what a miserable day! I still can't believe the weather had to be so bad. You did great Amber...I'm real proud of you!

minerfam said...

You guys are so awesome! Congratulations on finishing! Hope all is going well-
DanaLee

Jamey said...

Good job both of you! I don't know if I could run it period...let alone in the rain!

Bundy 6 Pak said...

Way to go! That is so awesome!

Mik'L said...

Good job Ambur! You looked good when I saw you after. I feel so bad that you had to do it in those conditions! The next morning was perfect and we were so annoyed! Would love to see some pics!

Tara and David said...

Hey this is Tara Kidman Olsen. My husband and I ran it also. 2 times in 32 years that it rained and it had to be that one.!

Mandyloo said...

Wish I could have been there to cheer you both on. Congrats! I'm sure that is a great accomplishment and I hope to say that I have done the same someday!!

Stacy and Mike said...

Congratulations!! That is so amazing and I am so impressed that you did it in the bad weather and everything...I ran a 5k in the rainy cold and was completely miserable so good job to you!!!