Wednesday, July 30, 2008


Well I can now check 1 thing off my goal list for the year! I ran and Finished a Half Marathon! :) Nate and I ran the Bryce Canyon Half Marathon(13.1 miles) on the 19th of July. Though it was a beautiful run it was not easy. The first mile was a slight up hill to the top of the canyon then a very steep down hill for the next 5 miles. Imagine running down formaster for 5 miles straight. For the remaining 7.1 miles it was pretty much up and down( some hills, some straight, some down hill.) It was a beautiful, fun run but very difficult for me! As you can see in the picture Nate looks like he is holding me up :) Nate did awesome he ran the whole thing with out stopping finishing with a time of 1hr 32min. His goal is to qualify for the Boston Marathon in the Marathon this year. He ran 7min miles so he is actually running faster splits than he would need to to qualify. I,on the other hand, had to stop at about mile 6(at the bottom of the hill) and stretch really good. That hill was really hard on my knees and hips. especially my bad leg from the accident. I finally finished with a time of 2hrs and 26 min. Nate was able to come back and run the last 1/2 mile with me which was great because I really just wanted to walk the rest of the way. I needed that extra push at the very end.:) My time wasn't great but I accomplished my goals. I didn't come in last(by far) and I finished under 2 and 1/2 hrs. Our next challenge is the top of Utah half Marathon Aug. 23 in Logan. Nate, I, and my sister Melissa will be running this one

11 comments:

jaesi said...

Sweet! I am soooo un motivated....please help.
We are coming!!! get ready to partay!

Abby said...

wow ambur!!! that is so awesome! i too am totally unmodivated!

Mik'L said...

I saw the results and saw that you did awesome! Great job! We will be at the Top of Utah Half so I'll cheer you in (I'm not running enough to do another half!).

Nadine said...

good job ambur...you are amazing!

Bobbi Simkins said...

that is awesome ambur! you look great! congratulations! i need to be more motivated as well. i did the hurricane half in may and it didn't go to well. i think my time was 2:32. are you still doing hobblecreek? that was my favorite.

Holly Woolsey said...

Oh my heck!!! You are so awesome! Just the thought of running that stresses me out! Way to go!!!

Bundy 6 Pak said...

That is so freak'n awesome! You guys rock!

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You guys are turning into quite the running phenoms! Can't wait to see you finish the St. George marathon...hopefully I'll see it from the hospital window with our newest addition!

Emma said...

AWESOME!! I am totally impressed! So now what next for you Ambur, a full marathon? :)

Nield Family said...

Dang I am so proud of you, that is so hard! Good Job!

Heather B said...

Wow, yay Ambur, that is amazing! Way to go. And Nate too, 7 minute miles? Wooh!