Saturday, July 5, 2008

Utah Summer Games

Well we did it.Nate and I ran the 5K and the 10K @the Utah summer games this year. The 10k started friday at 7:00 am. We met at the park on main street and from there were bussed to the starting line 6.2 miles up Cedar canyon. Nate finished with a great time of 40:52.5 which was good enough to win him a bronze metal. He won 3rd in his division! I was not able to win a metal, but I was very pleased with how well I did. I finished with a time of 1:01:33.6 10th in my division. I was able to cut 10 min. off my last 10k time!
The 5k started the next morning(sat.) at 7:oo am same place, but this time the busses only took us 3.1 miles up the canyon. Nate again ran fast enough to win a metal(3rd place). He was very excited to win 2 metals in his first time competing in the Summer Games. Nate ran an incredible time of 19 min. flat. I again not quite fast enough to win a metal, but again broke a PR. I finished 8th with a time of 27:24 cutting 6 min off my last 5k time! Our next race is a half marathon through Bryce canyon in July. Excited, but extremly nervouse. I thought 6.2 miles was a long way! :)

10 comments:

Holly Woolsey said...

Holy Cow! Check you out! You guys are awesome!!!

Bobbi Simkins said...

congrats on the race! i should've ran it. hello i live in cedar now. next time you come let me know. were always glad to hang out with friends since we have so few here.

Bundy 6 Pak said...

WOW!! Way to go guys!!

Rachel said...

You can totally do the half-marathon! I think it is awesome that you are running again and have the marathon as your goal. Bryce Canyon will be a beautiful run. And great job you guys at Summer Games...stellar performance from both of you!

jaesi said...

damn girl.....

Janey said...

lol Jaesi... What a beautiful area to old K's. I miss the Cedar area-so gorgeous! Congrats on cutting your time!

Mik'L said...

Good job! We were up at girls camp so we missed it. Great times though. You totally killed your last 10K time! Clyde is running Bryce so I will probably be there cheering...no running a half for me! He has ran it the last couple years and really likes it though. The weather is usually perfect.

Emma said...

Awesome job you two! Good luck with the half!! My favorite race to run is the half marathon... I just hate training for it.

JESSICA AND LUCAS NELSON said...

Hey Ambur, it is Jessica Nelson, I found you through Pam, I hope you dont care!!! Good for you!! I cant even run a mile without dying!! Wow how things have changed!!!

HIRSCHI FAMILY said...

that is awesome for you both, but especially Ambur after everything your body has been through! Congrats!